Friday, January 15, 2010

Mama OC Called... By Dott

Mama OC called me from Mango's place today. She used one of those fancy computer video cams and her bluetooth. She says that it has been TOTALLY cold... more like FREEZING... over there, so she is staying inside mostly on this nice, comfy bed. They have a really nice heating system there, too, instead of only an old wood stove to warm the house.


She said she is being taken care of very nicely and is really enjoying the visit with the other judges. She said that her and Martha and Bailey have been looking online for their formal wear for their judging days, and decided to turn on the live cam and call.



Papa's work has changed their minds again, and got a different truck for him to drive to Florida in. He has to haul one of their HUGE oil testing trailers from California to Florida so that it can take a ship across the ocean. With this different truck, there is a possibility that Grammy will be able to go with him, and they would take Pippin, BG & Gimli with them, since Mama OC isn't here to go too. This just came up this afternoon, and the decision has to be made by tomorrow as he is leaving tomorrow night or early Sunday morning. He will definitely be taking BG and Pippin anyway.


Grammy kind of wants to go because the road goes through Houston, where their daughter lives, and they will probably be able to see them for lunch or dinner, at least, and it ends a few hours drive from where their oldest son lives, so, since he will have a couple of days off around the time Papa has to be there with the truck, he will be able to drive over and visit too, for at least a few hours or maybe overnight. Papa has to have the trailer there one year from the day that Oldest Son's wife passed away last year, and they would both like to be there for him.


A lot of the decision will be if they can find a way to get Grammy all the way up to the cab in that BIG truck with her hip and back problem. They will figure that out when they see the truck tomorrow.


In other news, Grammy and Robert gave the pups their next set of booster shots today. Mercy whined a bit, Gimli kind of yelped and struggled, and Pippin screamed his little head off, and almost wiggled out of Robert's arms! Had me really upset for a while until I finally figured out what was going on.


Well, I'd best go for now. We seem to be having a bit of an uprising among the squirrels AND the coyotes lately. I'll tell you more about that later, though, as I've got to run for now!

12 comments:

Dexter said...

I see Martha and Bailey have made themselves at home along with miss OC. I was wondering why momma slept on the couch last night.

Slobbers,
Mango

Achieve1dream said...

Hey thanks for stopping by Chrome's blog! :) I just wanted to take a second to answer some of your questions. Yep, his mom is a flea bitten gray. To see some better pictures of her (including her cute face) check out this post:

http://rdxhorses.blogspot.com/2009/10/chromes-baby-pictures.html

Chrome's sire is 16.2hh and his dam is 14.3hh, so I'm hoping he'll make at least 15.3hh. :) Hearing that your Peruvian made 15.3hh gives me hope!! I'm so happy to hear of someone with similar heights. Because I'm so tall I want him to make at least 15.2hh.

I've thought about trying the milk jugs with rocks in them. I haven't tried it yet because I didn't want to hang it from the same tree as his jolly ball and it's the only one in his night time pen, but I might have to try putting some on the corral panels.

Chrome sure does get bored easily! I try to keep his brain stimulated as much as possible. That's why I'm going to do clicker training with him. I have tried apples and carrots with him and he refuses to eat either one. Since he's finally accepting a treat (sugar) I might try them again. It has been a while since I initially tried it. :)

I know for sure I'm not going to ever breed Chrome, but I haven't decided about gelding him yet. I know I'll eventually geld him I just haven't decided when. I'd like him to develop a nice neck and to really fill out so I may leave him intact a while, but it depends on his attitude. If he gets rude or obnoxious I won't hesitate to geld him. His testicles haven't dropped yet, so right now I'm waiting for that before I decide for sure what I want to do.

I too believe I made the right decision about Galaxy. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Arab you had. It helps. :)

Sorry to make this so long. If you have any other questions just let me know. I'm a chatter box.

Martha said...

Yes, we have settled into quite comfortably at Mango's but are so worried about finding a dress for Martha.
I am going to contact our Fairy Godmother to see if she can help.
Of course it doesn't help with all the food Martha has eaten over xmas - she is becoming a right pudding!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Martha said...

ps of course that comment was from me, Bailey!
It is just automatic now for me to sign for us both!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Thanks for the update Dott.
You're doing a good job keeping us informed, and good luck with those no good squirrels!

ocmist said...

Oh, Mango, we were so sorry that we were up talking so late last night, and I'm used to my Mom just coming in and telling me to hush up and move over so she can sleep in her bed. We will try to be more considerate tonight! OC

Unknown said...

BOL! I've been reading your comments. BOL still. Okay, about the post. I thank you for the nice update. The trip itself sounds like an awesome adventure. Can't wait to find out what happens next, on all fronts.
Twink!

Angela said...

Hey Linda!

A road trip sounds like fun! I would try to go if I were you! Too bad you won't be going through West Virginia. I would try to meet up with you if you were.

Hugs,
Angela

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I WATCHED MARTHA AND BAILEY DOING THEIR SHOPPING...

PAWESOME TASTE THOSE TWO BASSET BABES HAVE...

AND BOY DID THEY HIT THE SMOOTHIES!

HOPE ALL THE PLANS KHOME TOGETHER...

HUGZ&KHYSSES,
'KHYRA'
Judge NomNom Group
MANGO MINSTER 2010

betty said...

a road trip with the corgis sounds like quite an adventure! do hope all the details come into place though :)

betty

Lorenza said...

Sure the girl judges have been having a great time!
That trip sounds pawesome! I hope everything goes well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Wow! Looks like OC and the Bassett Babes are really enjoying themselves. They better enjoy their time now because it's not gonna be so much fun judging. I think you should take the road trip. Sounds like you will get to see some family that might need you!
Snuggles,
Twix
PS: My mom wants to know if you like to read Terri Blackstock books after she saw the Karen Kingsbury ones on the bookshelf?