Friday, October 23, 2009

Big, Bad STINKY Black Bugs!!!

Dare are some weally nasty, bad black bugs awound hew! I was just twying to find out what it was and if it wanted to be fwiends wiff me.


I was off by mysef, and Gwammy didn’t see what I was doin’ cause it was night time and dawk and she taught I was sniffin’ for a place to go potty.



It SHOT me in da nose with WEALLY NASTY STINKY stuff!!! I stawted to cwy and wub by nose in da diwt. I had a bwown spot on my face by my nose and the skin got all pink and burned. Gwammy gwabbed me and wan into the house an twied to DWOWN ME!!! It was so stinky she was gagging! She used some bubbly, icky tastin’ stuff and wubbded my face until I got bubbles all over.


She said that she’s seen those bugs for yeaws and new dey was named Stinky Bugs, but never knew why cause she’d nevew seen dem stink befow. She got on the computow and found out some info-mashun an then put some oinkment made of Vit. E, MSM, Olive oil and cwushed lavender leaves on it, an I was much better after a little bit. She said dat is what she used when she had a bad burwn to heal it. She was gwad it didn’t get in my eyes!

(Snicker…) Gwacie found one of dem stinky bugs the next day…. She didn’t like dat nor gettin’ dwounded neither!

Hew is whewr Gwammy got the info-mashun about what to do an undew dat is some info about those NASTY bugs:
Ask the Veterinarian
Expert:
Dr. Christina Chambreau - 10/6/2009

Question: Hi, a couple days ago my dog was outside and a stink bug sprayed her eyes. After it sprayed her eyes she started whimpering and her eyes have been sensitive lately. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Answer: If you were trained in different healing modalities you could help by using ... flower essences, supplements, homeopathy and more. For right now, you may be able to help by flushing the eyes out with a homemade rinse, or purchasing some from a health food store or holistic pet store if one is near you.


Dr. Pitcairn's book, Natural Health for Dogs and Cats, says: 1/4 teaspoon sea salt into a cup of good water. Keep it at room temperature. Use to flush out the eyes frequently during the day. You can also put one drop of Rescue Remedy in it once you purchase that. To soothe the eyes more you can then put a drop of sweet almond oil or codliver oil directly into the eyes. Or you can purchase Similisan eye drops, either 1 or 2, or eyebright wash (or make your tea of it and add salt to it as above) or there are many companies that make herbal eye drops for dogs.


Pinacate Beetles: Bodies are ovate to oblong, ranging in size between 0.4 and 1.4 inches long (Da one dat SHOT me was a BIG one!), and they are jet black or occasionally dark brown. [... ] When alarmed they stand on their heads by bending their front legs down and extending their rear legs. Depending upon the species, they exude an oily, musty secretion, which collects at the tip of the abdomen or spreads over posterior parts of the body, or they eject the reddish brown to brown secretion as a spray. Larger desert species, like E. armata and E. longicollis, can spray 10 to 20 inches. Most species can spray multiple times, if necessary. The spray is not painful unless you get it in your eyes or mouth [OR NOSE!], where it is painful, burning and temporarily blinding. It does not wash off. ( Don’t know 'bout dat cause it did!)

5 comments:

Dexter said...

Oh yuck! That is totally icky! You poor little thing.

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mango is khwite khorrekht!

IKHKY!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

betty said...

oh my!! poor you! we have those bugs a lot around here; I'm going to keep Koda away from there for sure

betty

ClassyChassy said...

How terrible to happen to that youngster...bad BAD BUG!

Ziggy Stardust said...

Oh no!! You bad stinky bugs, you get away from my Corgi pals!!I am so sorry that sassy bug got you and that you had to get washed cause of it. Gracie please stay away from them, they stink. Yucky, gross, eewwwwwwwww.

licks and sniffs, Sasha