Friday, October 9, 2009

Whoa… It’s a BIG world out there!

Hi all my friends out there! Today, we are going to post some of the vids we took on the pups’ first outing into the backyard. They are going out several times a day now, but this was first time most of them had been out. Mercy had been out one time a couple of days earlier for a few minutes, but this was her first time out with her siblings and everyone else.


Robert took them all out in the big laundry basket and put them on the ground in one side of the back yard. I had gone with him, but as soon as the little ones saw me, they made a bee-line for me. As I mentioned, I am in the process of weaning them and didn’t want anyone to latch on, so I RAN! After a bit, though, they decided that maybe they would look around. They feel safe by their GrandPaw, so tried to stay in his shadow at first.



Gimli came back to GrandPaw Robert after following me, but Wild Child Neelix decided that he was going to go exploring on his own…


OC came out to see how things were going with her Grandpups, and to keep an eye on Grammy.


The babies would go exploring for short distances, and then come back to their “safe places” by their GrandPaw or near Grammy, and check to see if what they were doing was ok.



After a while, most of the babies started exploring a bit on their own, but Gimli likes to stay near his Grammy and follow her around.



After Grammy got a chair to sit down on, Gimi (Grammy often calls him that now) saw me and came over to double check whether or not he could nurse a bit, but I told him “No!” and ran over to have Grammy pick me up and keep me safe.



THAT didn’t work out so well, because it gave the little “Land Piranhas” a chance to locate me and gather in force for when I was put down! They all tried to attach themselves to me, and I told them all “NO!” but Grammy also said that word, and THAT made me nervous because that usually means someone is in trouble. I went to her and tried to explain that I have to tell them that, and she apologized for saying the “N” word.



When I was over there, they noticed that Mama OC had spigots, too and headed for her. She told them in no uncertain terms, “Don’t even THINK it!” I wasn’t to happy at the language that Mama OC was using, and had a word with her about it.



They didn’t want to give me a moment of peace, so finally I decided to use the table ramp to get out of reach. I don’t know if it is to good of an idea, now that I think about it, that Robert made ramps for them to learn about because Mercy followed me up the ramp, but she didn’t get up that last step and onto the table before I decided I didn’t want her up there and made my escape.



I was gone by the time Mercy got back down the ramp, so she tried to follow Sadie, but Auntie was a bit to fast for her.



After a while, they started to get used to the openness of the yard, and went back and forth between all of us except their Uncle BG, who stayed away from them.



After about a half hour or so, Mercy came over and wanted Grammy to pick her up. She was tired and wanted to go in. She can be a real “kiss-up” when she wants something!



Grammy wasn’t totally convinced until Gimli came over and begged to be picked up, too. He did the wiggle, kiss-up thing, too, and finally convinced Grammy to go inside. I think he’s about got Grammy wrapped around his little dew-claw!



Hope you enjoyed joining us on my babies’ first outing. They are getting pretty good about it now, and both Mercy and Gimli will go to the back door and cry for someone to take them outside now about 85% of the time when they have to go potty, but like all little ones, they can’t hold it for very long once they’ve got to go, so they still have accidents by the back door sometimes. THAT always makes ME nervous because I KNOW going in the house is a BAD thing. I usually go and hide until Grammy tells me it’s ok! Now that they are eating dog food, I just can’t stomach cleaning up after them anymore.

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What khuties!

I khan't believe they are THAT old already!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Martha said...

What delightful videos. We laughed at the thought of them all going out in the laundry basket!
Thankfully they didn't go in the washing machine.
They must be keeping you very busy but what a great job you are all doing - a real team effort.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

Dexter said...

May I please send my nephew, Oliver, to your house to have mama OC teach him some manners? I fear I am being too heavy handed, but he is so annoying, what can I do?

At least they are still slow and uncoordinated so that you can outrun them when they nag you for snackies.

Slobbers,
Mango

Kelly said...

Ahh! I love the cute rolly polly fluffball stage! :)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Those pups are darn healthy, aren't they? And so happy too. Poor Dott has to run and hide from those little piggies. Your videos are delightful and I just can't help but smile and feel warm inside watching them all! It's great that you're sharing all this with us...so much cuteness!!

betty said...

these were so cute! it must have been so fun to watch them exploring for the first time the outside

maybe there's at least in the group one that will be a good squirrel fighter along the way :)

good for them too that they are getting the idea to go outside to take care of their business

betty

Ziggy Stardust said...

Oh my what a bid day, I bet they were tired after that. They are so cute and cuddly looking. I don't think I would want them to bitey me though. Dott you are a good Mommy.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Taffy said...

I love keeping up with the pups and how they learn each day. Thank you so much for sharing. Its hard to believe they are so big already!
Snuggles,
Twix

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for sharing the videos - so sweet to watch the wee ones!