Friday, March 5, 2010

Bad News and Good News... By OC


First, for the Bad News... The other day, the cows came down onto the hill behind our pasture while Mom went out to feed the horses. She came in and got Robert so that he could go out and take pictures, and wouldn’t let us out of the yard so that no one would get a chance to chase those noisy, mooing cows.



While she was feeding, and Robert was trying to get close enough to get some
pictures without them running off, someone started a big fight. They didn’t see it, and I’m not telling who, though it COULD have been Sadie. I would never admit it if it was ME.


Since they were so far away, it took several minutes for them to get back and into the yard, and I was screaming and so was one of the pups… probably Mercy, as she went running into the house. (She doesn’t like fights, unless SHE instigates them… as in, STAY AWAY from MY bone, flip, biscuit, food, etc. !)



By the time Robert ran all the way back in from the side pasture, Mom had limped in from the corrals, and Robert got Sadie away from me and into the front yard and the gate shut, I had a VERY bloody ear!






Mom was shaking because she was so scared that I’d been hurt badly, but I was just TICKED and wanted to get my teeth into Sadie! Robert put me up on the table in the back yard, and got the medical stuff out.






Mom cleaned me up, disinfected the tear on the edge of my ear and the gash inside, and then put on some antibiotic ointment. I’ve been even more stiff than usual the past day or so, too.




They had done a quick scan of everyone else and didn’t see any injuries, but after they finished fixing up my ear, they did a more thorough check of everyone else and still didn’t see any injuries on anyone. BG apparently pulled a muscle though, because he’s been limping on his hind leg since then.



Ooops... It's getting late, and Mom wants to go to bed, so I'll have to tell you the good news next time! (Hint: It came in the mail and smelled REALLY GOOD!)

15 comments:

Martha said...

Oh my goodness - we have lots of your posts to catch up on and we started with this scary one!
Fighting is not good! Doggies always get hurt!
We are glad there is nothing serious but we know poor Bailey was very stiff after her attack by two big dogs.
We do hope everyonehas sorted things out and that there will be no more fights.
They scare us!
We look forward to the good news and are glad you are all ok'ish!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Dexter said...

That is super scary. What happened, I wonder, to make everybody so angry? I have sometimes seen doggies start to be mean to each other when they get frustrated that they cannot go out and be mean to somebody else (or in your case, perhaps herd those cows). I hope everybody is able to make up.

Slobbers,
Mango

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh, for evermore!
Look what happens when somebody lets the dogs out! Crazy nuts...going at each other like that. Dogs will be dogs I guess.
Hope all who are sore, get well soon.

Achieve1dream said...

Sheesh!! You guys don't need to be fighting!

Nancy at the Farm said...

Uh oh, apparently we have been on the same wavelength. I attacked Cooper last weekend and bit his ear and neck for no good reason (according to Mum). Coop doesn't have a lot of tootheses so he always loses when I get jealous and attack. Mum picked me up by the skin of my neck and marched me outside where I had to stay for an entire hour, by myself. Then all my toys got taken away and I had to sit in the laundry room and look through the gate for an hour. Cooper stopped shaking after Mum held him and got him cleaned up. I am not so sure these fights are worth the effort. And Cooper is no help. He comes up and licks me like nothing happened. He's making me look bad.

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Angela said...

That must had been some fight for someone to get hurt like that! I can only imagine what it sounded like. I do hope that your ear gets better soon!

Hugs,
Angela

betty said...

oh my gosh!! how awful! I hope your ear feels better soon OC! I think you and Sadie need to work together on your issues and try to get along better, remember you are the older one and you need to set good examples for your young grandchildren

betty

ScrapsofMe said...

Yer Mom should get the doggie CSI kit so she can match toofers to toofer marks. SHE has one to determine who waters the carpet.

sniffies,

Bonnie

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, OC. Your poor ear looks pretty ouchie. Why was there a fight when the humans were absent though. We only fight when they're around. Without their horrified expressions and special attentions it's not as much fun. Now you OWE us big time. We want the good news.
Twink!

Chatty Crone said...

Your poor little ear looks just horrible. Make mom take good care of you, give you extra food, and lots of treats - oh, she alrady does? What a great mom you have.
Sandie

Archie and Melissa said...

ohhhh!
your poor little corgi ear! i am so glad you are ok!
we are sending you big hugs!
xoxoxo
m & e

Kari in Alaska said...

oh my. fights are scary. Hope everyone still feels good in the morning!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Maybe one of woo will be the prize i the next Khorgi Khontest afterall!

Please no more of that poop!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Lorenza said...

Oh-oh!
Sounds like a scary episode!
I hope everything goes well!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Achieve1dream said...

Awww I'm sorry you can't see the video!! I'll definitely post still shots with the videos from now on. I hadn't thought of that. How is OC's ear? I hope she's feeling better.