Friday, March 19, 2010


Grammy came home last night about 8 p.m. We were SOOOOO HAPPY!!! Papa got a call on the phone, and then he put me and Dott into the Living Room and went to bed because he was sick. We thought there MUST be some kind of mistake, but then we heard Robert (Dott’s Dad) drive up in the truck.

We were glad about that, but then, he came in and let Dott out to go to the truck, and a few minutes later, GRAMMY CAME THROUGH THE DOOR!!!! I was just SOOO HAPPY!!! She came in and went to sit down in the big recliner and Robert picked me up and put me in her lap. I kissed her and kissed her, all the while telling her that she shouldn’t scare me like that and just leave and not come back!

 After a bit, Robert let in the others, and they all told Grammy how glad they were that she was home, too!

She said she was so sorry and hadn’t meant to not come back after Bible Study, but that she’d gotten sick and ended up in the hospital in a lot of pain. They ran tests and a CT Scan and said that she had and enlarged and enflamed Appendix and needed surgery. She sat in the Emergency room for a LONG time, because they weren’t sure they were going to do it right away or wait until morning.

They finally decided to wait and admitted her into a room and ran a bunch more tests. They scheduled the surgery for Tuesday morning, and the family and church were called and everyone started praying. The doctor got held up doing a bunch more surgeries, and Grammy seemed to be getting better. She wasn’t crazy about that doctor anyway, so asked for another one.

He didn’t come in until Tuesday evening quite late, and since she didn’t seem to be getting any worse (from tests, etc.) and the pain was going away, he decided to just wait and see how she did overnight, and gave her a little bit of broth and tea. She hadn’t eaten in about 30 hours because they weren’t sure about doing the surgery, so she told me she was happy about THAT!

They redid a bunch of the tests (She says it’s a wonder she’s got any blood left) and the doctor said that maybe they’d made some kind of mistake, since he’d never seen appendicitis get better like that. Grammy says she thinks it was everybody’s prayers for her, and she told him that!

He decided to let her eat regular food for today, and when she got all better by this afternoon, and the tests all came out fine, he let her come HOME!!! 

She says that she thinks it was a miracle, and that God healed her, and she wants to thank everyone for their prayers for her. She’s supposed to go have a check up next week, but for now, SHE’S HOME!!!!

She’s sorry about the Miss Mercy Monday Mystery, as she THOUGHT that she had scheduled the post so that it would have posted Monday afternoon, and she had taken off the comments and made them be moderated so they wouldn’t show for the 24 hour answer period. She’s going to do that on MMMM days from now on, but put it back afterwards. She was happy that Dott and Robert had posted so that you all would know what was going on.


MAX said...

What wonderful news!!!!

Perhaps there was also a contribution to your healing from that awesome 'Corgi fellowship group' in your photos.
Stay well now!...We love you!

Chatty Crone said...

Dear Linda,

I believe in miracles and I believe you got one!

I am so glad you are okay - are you still a bit weak?

I know everyone out in blogland was praying.


^..^Corgidogmama said...

Well, thank you dear Lord!
Let's hope, you all stay healthy.
What a welcome home, lots of licks, and sloppy hellos from the corgi crew. You made their day coming back home!
So glad for glad for's hard to have one of the pack missing!

ClassyChassy said...

Stay well, please! And Praise God for the miracle!

Dozer and Coop said...

See the power of prayer really does work! We are so glad Grammy is home - we like the pig pile picture of all of you on top of her!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Martha & Bailey said...

Oh Welcome Home Grammy!!!!!
We are so very pleased to hear that your Grammy is right back where she belongs with no pain and no surgery.
We are glad to see that you have given her a thorough licking!
What a relief.
Lovely pics - so glad you hadn't had surgery with all those very happy dogs sitting on you.
Take care of yourself
Martha, Bailey & Mum xxxxx

The Brown Recluse said...

Ah! Very good news! :D Y'all take good care of her, now!

Twinkietinydog said...

Oh, Grammy's home and well, that's all that matters. We'll have plenty more Monday's to make up for this one. Health is a priority.

That corgi :) said...

thanking the Lord for your healing, Linda! that is awesome! so glad you didn't have to have surgery! take it easy though for a few days and let those pups spoil you :)


ocmist said...

She says she missed us MORE than we missed her, but I don't think that's possible!!! Papa and GrandPaw don't hand out the treats nearly as much as she does for one thing, and with her gone they go to stay with her when they aren't at work, so we are here ALONE most of the time!!! Wooooooo :(

Lorenza said...

No surgery for Grammy! Yes!
I hope she is going to be ok... without any more scary and painful episodes!
Paws crossed!
Kisses and hugs

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

How khool to see her khovered in Khorgis!

Paws khrossed fur all to khontinue to go well!

Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Alicia said...

God is good!! He is always so faithful to answer our prayers (in His time)!

Love the doggies!! They are all so adorable!

Mango said...

We're just glad she is home and feeling better. 30 hours with no food???? EEEEEE!


Kari in WeHo said...

glad she is home and feeling better! Make sure to take extra good care of her!

achieve1dream said...

Yay! I'm glad your Grammy is home! I like the pictures of you guys mobbing her. Now that's a proper greeting. :D