Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Miserably HOT!!!

It has been miserably hot here! Auntie Sadie told us that while we are all at the beach and nice and cool, she was sweltering in over 100 degreen heat. I know that the heat has sucked all the green out of anything on the ground, so I guess that’s what she’s talking about. Poor Auntie… she hardly ever gets to go anywhere.

Grammy’s TV has been talking about breaking a lot of records. Apparently, if it gets to hot, some of those old black things that she likes to play sometimes, gets broken. All I know is that it’s too hot to go outside much at all the past few days unless it’s at night, and Grammy doesn’t like it if I’m out to long at night because she says I’m the size of a Jackrabbit and a hawk or owl might try to get me.

Speaking of Jack’s, the other day when we got home a little before dusk, there were two HUGE old Jackrabbits by the stock-gate down our driveway. My Master got out to open the gate and since we’d seen them, Grammy let me and BG out too, and we chased them clear across the pasture.

To bad they had such a huge head start on us. We almost caught one anyway, but Grammy called us back. She told Master that I had gone so fast, she was almost afraid I’d catch one and that, since it was bigger than me, it might hurt me.

I’m sure I could have held onto it long enough for Beeg to get there and help me… THAT would have been a MAJOR feast! I guess Grammy would have probably made us give it up anyway before it got ripe enough though. She’s funny that way.

Today I had a horrendous experience! I’ve been begging Master to take me on a “water run” with him for a long time… he has to go each day to haul water in big barrels in the truck until we can get our waterline fixed—I think BG might have mentioned that before.

Anyway, he went ahead and took me this time. He put me in the back of the truck while he was hooking up the hose to the waterline at the meter, and put the other end of the hose into one of the big barrels. I was so happy to be with him and finally find out what he has been doing. He turned on the water and something he called a “surge” happened and the hose turned into a huge, living snake that thrashed all over the place!!!

He ended up all wet, and I just barely dodged out of the way of the water so that I wasn’t drowned, but I still got a little wet. Now I don’t mind getting into the water on my own, but THAT thing was SCARY!!! I shook all the way home, and hid when I got here. Master felt really bad and kissed up all day…

Grammy was extra nice to me, too, and finally coaxed me out with jerky treats. I forgave Master, but I don’t know if I’ll want to get into the back part of the truck next time. I think I’ll stay in the seat if he takes me again.

Mama had a really hard night last night because she had run around a little with us yesterday afternoon. Grammy had to carry her to bed, and gave her more of her medicine. It made Grammy cry. Mama felt better today. She did take it pretty easy all day, only getting up when she had to go outside for a few minutes or get a drink. Tonight, Grammy wouldn’t let her go out when she went to feed the horses, and that made Mama sad.


^..^Corgidogmama said...

I do love your stories.
Your pups have so many adventures.
So sorry that Mama isn't doing well.
We want our dog kids to live forever
because they mean so much to us.
Ours are 7 and 9 now, and we've just
started talking about our male slowing down
some. It's scary and sad. We can't imagine
life without them...
They sure get under our skin, and become
family, don't they?
I wish I could find a chorgi in Indiana to
visit with.

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I'm panting just LOOKING at those numbers!


Mango said...

Oh I hope Mama feels better soon. It is much too hot.


Melissa and Emmitt said...


oh what a wonderful blog and post. i hope it cools down for all of you this holiday weekend!

it is so nice to meet you!

melissa and emmitt