Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oceano, Part 2

NOTE From OC’s Mom: Thank you, everyone, for your sweet comments. Yes, I AM a bit stiff across my shoulders and neck because I caught myself on my hands against the back of the couch so my face didn’t hit the wooden part of the back, but, Praise God, I didn’t jerk my lower back where the other problems are. Also, we went out this morning and the “mystery critter” had apparently tried to crawl in using an old wooden pallet that was leaning on the fence. We could see the claw marks and the skid marks it left on the ground when it took off!

Ok, Mom… It’s MY blog! Let’s see, where were we? Oh, Yeah… While we were sitting there relaxing, Dad started played with us, and giving us treats. Mom was watching us and the kites that were flying behind us. Here is BG giving Dad kisses…

Then, after a while, Dott said it was TOO COLD (and I think she was also missing Robert) and she begged to go and lay in the truck cab.

While the rest of us were sitting there relaxing, Dad started played with BG and me again, and had us do tricks for him. Here’s BG doing a “high 5,” only over Dad’s shoulder.

He had a lot of jerky, and we loved having him play with us, since he is often to tired to do very much of that with the hot weather sapping his strength at work every day.

We also did a lot of dog watching… We’re the “dog watchers”, we’re the “dog watchers”…. watching dog’s walk by… my, oh, my… Here comes one now… (Sung to Girl Watchers)

And another one…

And a crazy, nut job one that chased the waves, biting at them. I think he even planned to go out and catch some of those pellet cans!

The sand was really nice to roll around in, too.

The only bad thing was that the water kept chasing us! Dad said that it was the highest tide that he had ever seen when we first got there, (? Isn’t that some kind of soap I’ve seen on a TV commercial? Maybe that’s why there are so many suds in the water!) so he had only parked about 20 feet from the water. He ended up having to move the truck back 3 TIMES!!! LOOK… it almost got my Tailless Tushy wet!

We really hated to leave, but had to get back so that Robert could use the truck to haul more water for the cooler to go most of the night. We left the beach and Mom and Dad went to a place they like in Pismo and got fish and chips. We had to stay in the truck, but Dad brought us some of the fish after they ate… Yummy! Then we drove home in that nice air-conditioned truck. We had a really wonderful, COOL, road trip and day at the beach. Hope your day was as nice!


Dory's Backyard said...

How FUN!!!

My Mommy is happy that your Mommy wasn't hurt too badly during all the excitement of the exciting day, and hope her stiffness fades away quickly!


a corgi said...

now that sounded like a fun day!! those fish and chips sounded delicious too; so glad you got to share in some!

I'm glad, Linda, that you didn't twist/hurt your lower back; do be careful and take it easy until you feel better

isn't this heat awful? We're due for 100 plus days for the next 5-6 days. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, we are in summer

(thank you so much for commenting on Tammie's-Chippertu-blog; I tell you, I'd love to eat some of the things she does, yum!!!!)


^..^Corgidogmama said...

Wow, what a great day at the beach.
Just cannot imagine what it would be like to be able to hit the beach on a whim, and spend the day...being landlocked in northern Indiana is so boring....can only watch the corn and soybeans grow, sigh! Different kind of waves!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I still think all of woo need to keep an eye on her...even if most of woo khan only see her ankles or so!

Tank woo fur sharing your khool trip!


ClassyChassy said...

Love the last photo - such a happy tongue hangin out there for all to see!!!

Twix said...

What a great time you all had! I'm so glad your Mom is doing ok too. I've never been to the beach. I would have to take a plane ride to get to one and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Love and hugs,