Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update from Florida

Hi, everyone. This is O.C.'s Mom, writing from Florida. I know so many of you have been praying for my family out here, so I thought I'd take a minute and give you all an update.

My Daughter-in-law went home to be with the Lord at 4:50 a.m. on the 20th. My son and their 4 daughters are, fairly devestated, of course, but because of their strong faith in the Lord, He is sustaining them so much better than all of us could imagine. You wouldn't believe all of the love and support and wonderful things that the Lord has provided and blessed them all with throughout this trial. They have so many friends here in Florida, at their jobs and at their church that have been so completely supportive.

God is truly being a "help in times of trouble" for all of us here. There will be a memorial service on Sunday after church and so many are coming from various other states, so I would ask for your continued prayers for traveling mercies for those family and friends that are on the road and in the air, and for my son and grand-daughters as they continue to walk through this valley of the "shadow." Thanks so much, again, for your prayers, as I know they have helped sustain us all. Linda

4 comments:

Dexter said...

It is good to hear that your strong faith is helping you through this very difficult time. Our thoughts are with you and your family as you continue your earthly journey.

Mango Momma

betty said...

I'm so sorry about your DIL, Linda; it is comforting to know that she is with Jesus and you will see her again and spend all eternity with her but I know the loss must be so hard for all

(hugs to you all); I'll keep you all in my prayers

betty

Janice and Gerald said...

Linda ~ I am so sorry to hear of your DIL's passing. Please accept my sincerest condolences.
Gentle Hugs ~ Janice

^..^Corgidogmama said...

We are so sorry about your family's loss. What a heartbreak for all of you. God's blessings upon you all during this time.